Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Big Game James Pick Ups.

The last couple of months have been slim pickings for my James Shields PC. I have picked up a few base cards from various years and the odd refractor to fill some holes in the PC, but cool cards have been very few and far between, so far there have been no Shields autos in any set and until Update arrived no Game Used Either. Also appearing in Update was a Shields fake glove card, I'm not much of a fan of these type of cards due to the fact Topps sees them as a hit when clearly the are not. The cards come in the unnumbered tan style, the numbered to 99 black as we see above and the ever popular nickname card numbered 1/1. My chances of owning the nickname card are zero or less. To be honest I think it's a pretty cool card and am happy for it to sit in the collection. The card cost a massive $1.95 + $3.00 shipping, a bargain in my mind. My problem now is getting the more available tan version, these seem to be costing more than the numbered ones, go figure.

The other nice "card" I managed to get my grubby paws on was the 2011 A&G printing plate you see above. I think it's the magenta one and I can't be bothered to check the back to see if I'm right. I love A&G, I honestly think it's the coolest set of the year, mainly because Shields is always in it and there are some nice variations of the cards to collect. This is my first Ginter plate and at a cost of $20 a bit of a steal in my humble opinion. The new glossy set has just been released and a Shields glossy is on it's way to Tampa Towrs as I write. The only A&G 2011 card I am missing is the wood mini which surpassed my limit for a non auto card a few weeks back, I have a feeling I know who owns it and he has the best Shields PC I have ever seen, so there is no chance it will appear in my collection.


So as the sun sets on another baseball season the hunt for cards continues.



1 comment: